These are hard to find bromeliads grown in small batches.
Approximately 3-5 inches tall or wide.
These can be planted in a mixture of peat, bark and perlite, but can also be treated like an air plant without soil. Be careful to shake the plant upside down after watering to prevent rot.
These plants are low maintenance, making them a great choice for people who are new to indoor plants.
They need regular daily indirect or filtered sunlight (so fine for desks, shelves, bathrooms or bedrooms). A weekly water is all they require - although you can always give them a mist in between if they look a little dry.
Air plants prefer regular air circulation, so we suggest open terrariums rather than the kind with lids.
We stock an air plant fertilizer which is ideal for this plant - check out the 'Supplies' section of our shop to see more. We also have a wide range of fillers which you can use as a base in any plant pot you might use. Orchid bark is a great choice for this!
Details & Care:
- Vriesea Racinae (bromeliad)
- Pictured planter not included, see our shop for a wide variety of planters!
- Indoor plants, open terrariums or mounted on wood or bark
- Requires a regular source of indirect or filtered light
- Mist or dunk once a week, mist with water spray as necessary, shake upside down after watering
- Low maintenance plants, suitable for beginners
COLD WEATHER SHIPPING: Check the weather in your area during shipment times. A heat pack is highly recommended if temperatures fall below 40 degrees. You can purchase a heat pack under "Supplies".